E245 – Making The Bible Version Debate Simple: Part 2
As we read in 1 Peter 1:19, we have a SURE Word God that we can trust in. How do we know if something is SURE – “stable, firm, trustworthy”? You check it’s foundation – what lies beneath it. What holds it up? The foundation is of vital importance. Christ taught this principle with one of the most well known stories of Scripture: the wise man and the foolish man. Join me in this episode as we discuss “The Foundational Issue” of the Bible Version Debate!
This episode covers:
– Where the Textus Receptus (The Traditional Text) came from.
– Where the Critical Text (The Eclectic Text) came from.
– What are “manuscripts”?
– Why there are only 2 translations of the Bible.
– Surface level examination of Codex Vaticanus & Codex Sinaticus.
– How does “manuscript evidence” help us?
– Why the Bible version debate is deeper than “modern English/language”.