E257 – What About Abuse In IFB Churches?
Have you heard? Have you seen? Did you happen to see? Did you happen to hear? That Baptist church in… The pastor…
We live in a day and age where there are blogs and podcasts devoted to talking about and discussing sexual abuse in churches. It is no wonder that many have heard about some scandal or terrible happening in a church they know of, a pastor they respected, or a staff member that should have known better. I want to address the subject and concern of sexual abuse and immorality in churches in this episode. Asking a question of this magnitude is a valid question and deserves a valid answer.
In this episode, we will discuss:
– 2 things wrong with the title of this episode.
– What a church should expect when accusations come.
– How a pastor, staff, and church should handle accusations.
– Policies that churches should have written into their by-laws.
– The great law our judicial system is built on.
– What to do after the accusation.
– How to keep accusations from happening or being truthful.
– Why transparency is so important in ministry.
– Why accusations may knock you down, but shouldn’t knock you out.
– AND SO MUCH MORE!